Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Brampton Super Cities Walk for MS

I wanted to post this because the one that sent me the original E-mail, a very good friend of mine was diagnosed with MS May 2006 after she had her first stroke at the age of 26 while her son was only 6 years old. She sent me a link to make a contribution for the walk on-line if you'd like to pledge online at:

https://msors.mssociety.ca/walk2007/Sponsor.aspx?L=2&PID=922955


Now about the actual event, this is how Rose Monaco (the friend I've been talking about) described it to me:

"On April 15th, I will be taking part in the Brampton Super Cities Walk for MS. I am doing this to raise money for MS research. As many you may, or may not know, Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease. It is a disease that not many people are aware of, but it is more common than you think. MS attacks may lead to temporary or permanent losses of ability, and this means watching the people we love lose the ability to perform the daily functions that we take for granted (walking, eating, seeing, etc.) As of yet, there is no cure. The Super Cities Walk was organized for people living with MS, friends, family and their communities to raise money to help find a cure. Many people walk for their mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters. I am walking for myself."

If you would like more information on Multiple Sclerosis, please visit http://www.mssociety.ca/en/information/faq.htm

As for me, I didn't know much about this condition till Rose was diagnosed with it... Since then it has opened my eyes to it... Also, if you want to pledge but not online contact Rose Monaco @ her email address.

Thanks for your support,
Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment