Tuesday, May 26, 2009

An Old New Song...

I was recently working on a song I wrote almost a year ago... It was written during a period of time when "feelings of love" were in the air. So the theme of the song is about a guy who can't get his feelings out and he ends up alone. Anyways, I wrote this song for a girl that ended up telling me she didn't "like me in that way" so I gave up on the song and put it away...

A few months back I showed it to my friend Megan Lipsky, after she told me how much she loved the song "Static Silence (One Long Pause)" and she said this new song sounded very good. So I decided to resuscitate it... which basically meant that I breathed new life into it by changing it to a different key and making the tempo of the song a little bit faster. I also added a sitar and a piano since the song reminded me of something you would of hear in an old time bar, and thus "The Idiots Song" was reborn. I am still working on some minor things with it. I will also have Megan reciting a poetry-like verse that I made up for the song, in the track during the solo... I will post a rough version soon, so be sure to look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment