Sunday, February 3, 2008

Live Suicide is Back!

There's A LOT of shit happening lately so I'll start from the beginning... First of all, just in case you've been hiding under a rock (or just haven't checked out my blogs on My Space or news on this website) LIVE SUICIDE IS BACK! However, due to differences in musical direction (and the fact that her musical independence from the group was LOOOOONG overdue). Angie Wong will not be part of the group---instead I will be accompanied by singer/pianist Megan Lipsky (check out her band We Might As Well and soon to come Nabedi, formerly of A.K.A. and Celow from The Kut. I have talked with a couple of other musicians but they have yet to confirm. So, with this rather unexpected comeback I have established some new rulez, which are as follows:

1- This is now going to be (with your support of course!) the MOTHER OF ALL SIDE BANDS! So members are allowed to come and go as they please, so long as Live Suicide can keep performing the songs that were written as a band (NO EGOS PLEASE!). And that would include any song that we (Live Suicide) LEARN AS WELL AS PERFORM AS A BAND. So if you don't want anyone but you to play the song, DON'T BRING IT UP... AND DON'T EVEN MENTION THE SONG! This does not mean that the ownership of the song is Live Suicide's, it's simply just the right to perform it live. Of course, if the member brings in a song they want to play "solo" (by themselves) then once they leave the band, the same goes for the song...

2- In regards to being in the band, if the band member feels he is not meshing with the rest of the group then they can just say "Hey look, this isn't working" and walk away Scott free! Believe me, the last thing I want is drama... IN FACT THE MOMENT I SEE THAT THE MEMBERS ARE MORE WORRIED ABOUT RAGGING ON ONE ANOTHER THAN ACTUALLY PLAYING, THIS PROJECT IS DONE! I started the band to play music, not to play a character in a soap opera, thank you...

3- The songs written by the band are to have fun and get out there and play so I don't wanna rehearse for forever. As soon as we have 6 or 7 songs we will be looking for a venue to play at!

4- The amount of members that the band will have will come and go so, provided everything goes as planned, then you; the fans will see gigs with 3 members as well 17 members (that is, provided we can all fit on a small stage! LOL!!!). What this means for the members is that I want musicians that can easily adapt, you know? We'll have, at times, a drummer, sometimes 2 percussionists or more, and yet at other times we'll work with beats and laptops to provide the backing rhythm. The same will go for guitarists, bassists, etc... So yes, there will even be different versions of the same song. For the musicians this will keep things interesting (that is; it will keep them on their feet!) and the fans as well, in order to give them a taste of these live "Re-mixes."

I think that keeping the band together with these rules will keep things more creative and less dramatic. Trust me, I don't wanna be a legal asshole, but I WANNA BE UPFRONT AND HONEST SO THERE ARE NO MISUNDERSTANDINGS AT THE END... And if you agree with everything I said and have no problems with "the rulez" then feel free to contact me @ Live Suicide's MySpace page A.S.A.P.---for I wanna get this going!

No comments:

Post a Comment