Friday, June 6, 2008

Old Ideas, New Thoughts

This is part of the thoughts I had for my next big project entitled A Study Into the Mind of the Average Human Being--- I know it's a long title but what can I say? I was inspired! I will post another one soon...

The things that went beyond my understanding
Were the things I never tried to explain
For it was never my place to say why things happened
But don't misunderstand me, I never gave up
I just merely saw things for what they were
To live with what I had
But things don't always pan out the way you want
And I took a left on the fork in the road
But I didn't know it would lead to a dead end
Which is why these words were written to begin with
So don't make me go back, try to explain
For you have All the answers you need
In the palm of your hand
So just keep living and let me be
For you have more than what you say and claim
But as long as you keep going this way
You'll never see that light
And the fork in the road will always
Lead to that dead end
The one you constructed
The one your subconscious wanted
All because you wanted to avoid
The things you always had in mind
And yet you never thought you could afford
So take the time and see exactly what in front
Before you see your time go by...

No comments:

Post a Comment